Saturday, January 13, 2024

My Focus Word For 2024 Is!!!

 My Focus Word For 2024 Is.....



                            GRATITUDE.                        "This is the day which the Lord hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24. KJV

        I believe the Lord wants me to focus on the word and attitude of GRATITUDE this year. I'm such a complainer and I think that displeases God. I want to be the person God created me to be and I hope you do too. I don't want to be a complainer. I want to be joyful at all times. 

        I get very agitated and ungrateful when cleaning and organizing our house and yard. I also feel overwhelmed.  Actually, I'm very thankful (gratitude) for our house and home, just not at the condition it's in. That's my fault, not God's.The Lord has touched my heart a lot lately about my attitudes. Of course, many times I haven't acted like it. Sorry, Jesus. I'm a work in progress! I want to clean our house for you,  Lord, and noone else. I use the Flylady system. She's awesome!! If you've never heard of her or tried to use her method, you need to!!! Here's her website....http://flylady.net/      

       I plan to blog about Gratitude and House/Home Cleaning and Organizing this year. I will post at least twice a week.  I will share ideas that I've learned and used. I also use other sources too. I need all the help I can get!! Ha! If you , my readers, would like to share ideas, and/or want me to blog about anything in particular,  such as Removing Stains From Clothing or Organizing The Kitchen, please DO SO!  I want to help others  through my blog, but I very seldom get comments. I don't know if I'm helping, if I don't hear from you!!! 

     I'm extremely grateful for my Mama, Sylvia Carpenter,  for teaching me how to take care of my home, when I was growing up. Mama, you probably didn't think I was listening, watching, or paying attention, but I was!! I did the same for my children. Again,  THANKYOU, Mama!!   But I realize some people didn't have that , growing up,  and I want to help you. If you were fortunate to have that though, feel free to share. We can all learn from each other!! 

     Well, one of Flylady's first chores are , SHINE YOUR SINK!! I can't do that with dirty dishes, so I'm about to get dressed and get busy with that!! Yeah, these freezing mornings slow me down. Ugh

      Oh yeah, before I close, I want to add that I'm planning to start creating a Gratitude Journal.  Crafting is one of my passions so I'll be crafty and thankful at the same time! Can't beat that! Ha!!

     Have a blessed day and Happy Cleaning!! Also,  get prepared for our upcoming winter storm Monday-Tuesday!

Love y'all!!!

Vickie Berryhill 

No comments:

Too Cold To Do Anything, BUT that's Ok!!

          Hello!!!!      I am so with GRATITUDE for living in the South!! I couldn't take these brutal cold temps like the Northerners d...